Thursday, June 19, 2008

New beginnings...

I have not updated my blog for a long time! The last time I updated this was in December of 2007--that's about 7 months ago. Oops. ;-)

Since that last entry a lot has happened!

First of all, we are no longer located near Savannah, GA. Since my husband is in the army, we PCSed to Ft. Leavenworth, KS. It is quite different here. We used to be stationed in the midwest when we first got married, almost 5 years ago. We lived on post at Ft. Leonard Wood. So, it almost feels like home again here.

We have expanded our little business a lot in the past 6 months. We are offering a more variety of products, our main focus being on the completely natural product spectrum. I have been working with more essential oils than fragrance oils, and getting creative with natural ingredients like sugars, salts, herbs, spices, etc. It's a lot of fun to see what I can create from the earth! I still enjoy using fragrances though, that is a hard habit to beat. Hopefully though, as I collect more essential oils I can eventually stop relying on fragrances...I just hope someone makes an essential oil from cookies...mmmm...lol.

This summer has been a fun one so far. I am enjoying spending more time with my husband since we have moved. He used to work a lot, normally having a 24 hour shift once a week or more! We also live on post, as opposed to 20 miles away, so he is home for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Very nice. Since I've been spending more time with my family, I have slowed down my production rate, but once the weather cools down I will probably get back into my crafting mode.

Well, I hope to keep my blog updated more now too. I have a lot of things I want to talk about here. Hope you all are having a fun summer! :-)

No comments: